Parts and Labor Warranty
Car servicing and engine maintenanceCol Voss Automatic Transmissions guarantees the parts and labour that it supplies and uses in the servicing of your vehicle for the time period or kilometres travelled (whichever occurs first) outlined in the following warranty conditions. The Col Voss Automatic Transmissions warranty does not apply to parts which are second hand however this does not affect your statutory rights and the non-excludable guarantees provided under Australian Consumer Law will apply to any second-hand parts supplied and used by Col Voss Automatic Transmissions.
+ WARRANTY PERIOD
Car servicing and engine maintenance 6 months or 10,000km General mechanical repairs 12 months or 20,000km Transmission servicing & maintenance 12 months or 20,000km Transmission Overhauls (up to 3yr/60,000kms see details on invoice) Ranges from 1yr/20,000km – 3yr/60,000kms Brakes (passenger vehicles only) 12 months or 20,000km Suspension and steering (As per the manufacturer's warranty) 12 months or 20,000km
Except as set out in the below paragraph, Col Voss Automatic Transmissions only uses high quality parts that meet or exceed the vehicle manufacturer's specifications.
If a new or reconditioned part is not available for your vehicle Col Voss Automatic Transmissions can fit a second-hand part. Where a second hand part fitment is required Col Voss Automatic Transmissions will notify you first and seek your consent to fit that part.
If we fit a part or parts covered by a part manufacturer's guarantee that extends beyond the Col Voss Automatic Transmissions warranty period, we will uphold this warranty period and fit any replacement parts offered by the part manufacturer at no charge.
If carrying out this work requires Col Voss Automatic Transmissions to purchase additional parts or provide labour not covered by the part manufacturer's guarantee, there may be an additional charge and you will be notified of this before any work commences.
+ WHAT WE COVER IN YOUR COL VOSS AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS WARRANTY
Should any part be incorrectly fitted by Col Voss Automatic Transmissions, or found to be defective during the warranty period, we will replace refit or rectify the part at no charge.* If requested, we are happy to make all replaced parts available for inspection at the time you collect your car.
+ WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY YOUR COL VOSS AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS WARRANTY?
There are five ways in which you will void your CVAT warranty:
- if you use your vehicle in competition, on a closed circuit or as part of any timed event;
- if you remove the part or parts originally fitted by CVAT to the vehicle;
- if the part or parts are damaged by misuse or accident, in particular by engine backfire or malfunction; or
- if warranty work is performed elsewhere, unless the work has been authorised in writing by the CVAT General Manager in advance of any work being undertaken.
- CVAT does not warrant any parts or labour when a customer supplies their own parts there for is not covered by this warranty.
+ STATUTORY WARRANTY
Should any part be incorrectly fitted by Col Voss Automatic Transmissions, or found to be defective* during the warranty period, we Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
+ What you should do if you have a problem?
- Contact the General Manager of Col Voss Automatic Transmissions at 1/128 Old Pittwater Road, Brookvale NSW 2100 or (02) 9907 4486 or email@example.com
- Bring your vehicle and original invoice to Col Voss Automatic Transmissions (at your cost) where we will work with you to resolve the problem.
- Applies to manufacturer's defects only.
**Parts fitted under the Col Voss Automatic Transmissions warranty will only be covered for the remainder of the original warranty period, which commences from the date of the initial invoice.