Hyundai i30 2008 to 2012 - 4 Speed Automatic Transmissions with various shifting problems.
A common problem we see with the 4 speed Hyundai automatic transmissions is noticeably bad shift quality when vehicles reach 60,000 - 90,000 km's. Another sign of a problem is very dark transmission fluid which can be seen on the dip stick.
The problem is located in the hydraulic brains of the automatic transmission which is called the valve body. The internal parts of this unit wear which require the valve body assembly to be replaced. We source new genuine units direct from Korea which also include the internal wiring harnesses. This can be a saving to our customers of 40-50% on parts if compared to purchasing locally.
Known Faulty Valve Body Unit Symptoms
- Delay into Reverse Gear.
- Flare/Soft Shift into 3rd Gear.
- Large Flare on 4-3 Downshift when around 80kms.
- Harsh Shifts into 2nd & 4th Gear.
A valve body replacement does not require a complete overhaul of the automatic transmission. The fluid will need to be flushed so the new valve body assembly can operate correctly. The transmission control module will also need the shift point adaptions reset using a factory quality scan tool.
Affected Hyundai Models
- Hyundai Elantra SX (2006-2011) 2.0L Petrol
- Hyundai i30 SLX (2007-2012) 1.6L Diesel (Sedan/Wagon)
- Hyundai i30 SLX (2008-2012) 2.0L Petrol (Sedan/Wagon)
- Hyundai i30 SX (2008-2012) 1.6L Petrol (Sedan/Wagon)
- Hyundai i30 SX (2007-2012) 1.6L Diesel (Sedan/Wagon)
- Hyundai i30 SX (2008-2012) 2.0L Petrol (Sedan/Wagon)
Affected Kia Models
- Kia Cerato Coupe (2009-2012) 2.0L Petrol
- Kia Cerato S, Si (2009-2013) 2.0L Petrol (Sedan/Hatchback)
- Kia Cerato SLi, SRi (2009-2013) 2.0L Petrol (Sedan/Hatchback)